Courier Van Insurance
If you drive a van as a courier for a living, the right level of insurance could be one of the best purchases you make. Not only will it stop you from falling foul of fines and points if you were pulled over by the Police but it could help get you on the road and keep your income stream alive.
Courier Van Insurance is different to regular van insurance for two main reasons. Firstly, courier van drivers often have much higher mileage over the space of a year meaning you are on the road more than other drivers. Secondly, you carry goods and make multiple stops which make your vehicle more desirable to a thief.
Different Levels of Courier Van Insurance
Courier van insurance is much like ordinary car insurance when it comes to its levels. However, do remember that normal car insurance will not cover you to drive your van as a courier or delivery driver.
Third party only cover - Often the cheapest level of cover for courier drivers, it also comes with the lowest level of protection by only providing cover for damage you cause to other people and their property.
Third party, fire and theft (TPFT) cover - The next level up is third party, fire and theft courier insurance. This provides the same level of protection as third party only but with extra cover for damage to your vehicle as a result of attempted theft, theft and fire.
Comprehensive cover - Often the most expensive level of insurance, but comprehensive comes with bags of cover to help you. This covers your van against damage, fire and theft it also covers you for damage to another person's property or vehicle like third party.
Tips for making Courier Van Insurance Cheap
Nobody wants to pay over the odds for their insurance, so here are our top tips.
- Search the market - by using Insurance1, we will do the hard work and let the prices come to you.
- Consider a dash cam - more and more vehicles are being fitted with dash cams these days, and more insurers are benefiting from them. Ask your broker if a dash cam could help save you money.
- Parking - secure parking has always helped with insurance costs. By parking your van off-road in a secure area you are preventing people from attempting to break into your vehicle for your goods. Never leave any goods in your vehicle overnight.
- Voluntary excess - if you can afford to increase your voluntary excess in the event of a claim, you may be able to save yourself some money on the cost of your courier van insurance.
- Named drivers - by reducing the number of drivers you need on your policy, you should save money. Consider only insuring yourself on the van unless you need someone else to use it occasionally. If you do, consider if temporary van cover would be best for your additional named driver.
- Drive safely - If you drive safely now, you will be able to increase your no claims bonus and ensure that you don’t end up with any points on your licence. Points and claims are both big contributors to increases in courier van insurance quotes.
|Product||Lowest Price||Highest Price||Customer Rating|
|Courier Van Insurance | insurance1.com||£527.28||£2717.12||4.64 / 5|
Pricing claim generated from smallest and largest base premiums of policies sold from 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2019 from one of our partners.
Customer product rating is based on 250 reviews from a range of 1 to 5, where 5 being the best.